Whether it’s hiking through a forest, riding the fastest roller coaster or building sand castles on a beach, vacations offer amazing opportunities for families to spend time together. Parents in India learn more about what their kids like and don’t like while kids learn that their parents are cool after all!
A growing number of parents in India are prioritising family vacations and taking their kids on different adventures, driven by the desire to spend a greater amount of time with their children, all whilst discovering new countries and cultures.
A new survey from Yas Island Abu Dhabi offers absolutely essential advice for the 88% of Indian parents who say their children are the biggest influencing factor whilst planning the perfect holiday.
Kids just want to get out and about, it seems, with the top three activities for kids in India listed as going to water parks (90%) and travelling (88%), followed by going to theme parks, going to the beach and finding new things to do (all 86%).
And as the preferred travel companion, Dad was the most popular amongst Indian children (72%), followed by Mum (69%) and siblings (34%).
The top concerns when choosing a family holiday destination for parents in India are finding a family-friendly destination (48%), keeping the children entertained (45%) and finding activities for the whole family (32%). So, with 92% and 88% of parents shared their children’s interest in waterparks and theme parks respectively, Abu Dhabi’s Yas Island could provide fun for all the family.
And with their ‘Kids Go Free’ offer running until 30th September, the UAE hotspot is absolutely perfect for parents this summer.
Featuring to thrilling theme parks, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi and Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi, and the famous Yas Waterworld waterpark, families will be wondering how to fit it all in.
The survey also revealed:
- Parents in India said their families are most interested in water parks (92%), theme parks (88%) and nature parks/gardens (88%), when it comes to leisure activities
- In India, 88% of parents said their kids have the most influence on their choice of summer holiday activities, followed by mum or dad and online reviews (82%)
- Thinking about what they’d like their kids to do during the summer holidays, parents in India said outdoor/nature activities (37%), go to water parks (33%) and travel (31%)
- The top concerns when choosing a family holiday destination for parents are finding a family-friendly destination (48%), keeping the children entertained (45%) and finding activities for the whole family (32%)
- The things kids like most about their summer holidays were rated as going to exciting places (53%) and more time with their family (29%) and more playtime (29%)
- If they could pick one place to go on summer holiday, 30% said somewhere close to nature and 15% picked somewhere by the sea, with a similar number thinking they’d like to go somewhere cold (15%)
- Dad was the most popular travel companion for Indian kids (72%), followed by Mum (69%) and siblings (34%)
Video News Release (VNR): https://vimeo.com/350781274