Total tourism & leisure industry deals for September 2019 worth $8.96bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
The value marked an increase of 58.9% over the previous month and a rise of 15.04% when compared with the last 12-month average of $7.79bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 0.9% over the last 12-month average with 108 deals against the average of 109 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $7.13bn.
The top five tourism & leisure deals accounted for 84.2% of the overall value during September 2019.
The combined value of the top five tourism & leisure deals stood at $7.54bn, against the overall value of $8.96bn recorded for the month.
The top five tourism & leisure industry deals of September 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Mirae Asset Global Investments’ $5.8bn private equity deal with Anbang Insurance Group
- The $596.06m asset transaction with Principal Real Estate by AXA Investment Managers – Real Assets
- Imperial Companies’ $516.3m asset transaction with Caesars Entertainment
- The $331.1m private equity deal with Six Nations Rugby by CVC Capital Partners SICAV-FIS
- Boyu Capital Consultancy, CCB International (Holdings), Huazhu Hotels Group and Yunfeng Capital’s venture financing of Chengjia Apartment for $300m.